Wooden Window Upgrade: Ingleby Barwick
Over the last two decades wooden windows have become less and less common and they are mostly seen on listed buildings or those that fall within a conservation area. However, there are some properties in the Ingleby Barwick area still have wooden windows and recently the Swish Home Improvements team carried out an upgrade from wooden windows to double glazed. This is how the project came about…
How The Project in Ingleby Barwick Came About
We received an enquiry about double glazing and arranged a site visit to the home of Mr and Mrs Hand in Ingleby Barwick. When we arrived we discovered that the property currently had old wooden windows installed. After chatting with Mr and Mrs Hand, we discovered that the wooden windows were drafty, leaking and even rotten in some parts.
The couple were interested in replacing their current wooden windows with new double glazing. We discussed in detail their requirements and they explained how they wanted the best energy-efficient replacements. Our representative discussed all of the benefits they’ll receive and how their home would benefit from being warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
We took details of the number of windows and briefly measured so we could provide an estimate for replacing the wooden windows. In addition to this, we also discussed how the replacements could be spread using our finance option; this was something Mr and Mrs Hand were happy to do and we presented all of the available options to them.
Wooden Window Replacement
- Contact - Get in touch via phone, email or through our contact form to receive a FREE no-obligation quote.
- Appointment - We arrange a time and day that suits you to take measurements and discuss your project in further detail, a quote can also be provided that day too.
- Quote Acceptance - One of our team can work with you to make any desired design changes and you can also accept the quotation at this point.
- Finance - If you wish to spread the cost with finance, we can go through the next steps with you. Our customers are also able to pay directly as well without finance.
- Survey & Materials - Our surveyor will take more detailed notes in relation to the project and arrange for the necessary material to be ordered.
- Installation - We’ll arrange a time and date that is suitable for you and will give you an estimated time frame for completion as well.
- Completed Project - By this point, your project should be completed and we’ll of checked to ensure all work meets with building regulations and any permissions that might be in place.
- Aftercare - One of our aftercare team will be in touch to make sure you’re happy with the finished result. If you have chosen to pay by finance then you’ll be asked to complete a satisfaction note, so the funs can be released to us.
Upgrading The Windows From Wood to UPVC
After a few days, Mr and Mrs Hand gave us a call to say they had decided to choose Swish Home Improvements. We then booked in another survey, so we could carry out accurate measurements, finalise any details relating to the windows and doors and take note of any additional materials that might be needed to complete the project.
As soon as the options were chosen, we arranged the order of the Rosewood windows and door with side panel. Once the stock has arrived at our depot, we spoke to Mr and Mrs Hand to arrange a suitable date and time to carry out the installation. We expected the installation to last a few days, as we needed to remove the old wooden windows, carry out prep work and install 10 of the Rosewood windows and also a new door with side panel.
The whole installation process run relatively smoothly and we had completed the replacement project within just two days. We believe in working around our customers and will always aim to cause as little disruption as possible. Our team are always professional and courteous with our customers.
Gone were the old wooden windows and they had been replaced with a high quality, energy-efficient alternative. Having the wooden windows replaced had breathed a new lease of life into the property and Mr and Mrs hand were both over the moon with the finished result.
Once the installation was complete and it had passed out quality checks, our team accountants team then got in touch with the couple to settle the balance with the final payment. We ensure all mess is cleared away during the installation and you’re happy with the result before we leave. After a few days, one of our team contacted the couple to check-in and for a review.
Why Choose Swish Home Improvements?
We have been replacing wooden window frames for a number of years and have many happy customers across Ingleby Barwick. Having listened to the feedback our customers have given us, we believe some of the reasons you should consider us are:
- A wealth of experience replacing old wooden windows
- Wide range of replacement options to choose from
- Highly skilled team of representatives and installers
- Local company with a well-known reputation
- FREE quotes on all wooden window replacements
"Great value for money quote"
Based in Ingleby Barwick and Looking To Upgrade Your Wooden Windows?
If you’re based in or around Ingleby Barwick and are considering upgrading your current wooden windows, then be sure to contact Swish Home Improvements today. We will arrange an appointment and provide you with a free no-obligation quote. Replacing your wooden windows has never been easier either as you can spread the cost with our flexible finance options. For more information or for a free quote, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.