Glazing Upgrade Project
Whether you have UPVC, wooden or metal windows, there comes a time when they simply need to be replaced. Everything has a lifespan and glazing and frames are no different. We can provide independent advice on the condition of your current frames and glazing; ensuring you only upgrade when it’s actually needed. We recently carried out an upgrade project in the Catterick area, find out more about how the project came about and the process works below…
How The Job Came About
We received an enquiry from a Mr Atkinson, who was based in Catterick, for a glazing and frame upgrade. As one of three companies providing a quote to Mr Atkinson, we knew from the offset we had to know exactly what the customer’s requirements, expectations and budgetary spend were.
By the time we have had booked in an appointment for a quotation, Mr Atkinson had already had one quotation provided by another company in the area. During the assessment and measuring process, we had noticed the door and side window were relatively new and advised the customer that these didn’t need upgrading.
Our honesty with the customer helped us to seal the deal and Mr Atkinson decided to proceed with us over the other two companies. As with any customers, we made sure Mr Atkinson was aware of what work was being carried out and the cost involved. All that was left to do, was to arrange payment and begin the installation process.
How The Process Works
- Contact - Get in touch via phone, email or through our contact form to receive a FREE no-obligation quote.
- Appointment - We arrange a time and day that suits you to take measurements and discuss your project in further detail, a quote can also be provided that day too.
- Quote Acceptance - One of our team can work with you to make any desired design changes and you can also accept the quotation at this point.
- Finance - If you wish to spread the cost with finance, we can go through the next steps with you. Our customers are also able to pay directly as well without finance.
- Survey & Materials - Our surveyor will take more detailed notes in relation to the project and arrange for the necessary material to be ordered.
- Installation - We’ll arrange a time and date that is suitable for you and will give you an estimated time frame for completion as well.
- Completed Project - By this point, your project should be completed and we’ll of checked to ensure all work meets with building regulations and any permissions that might be in place.
- Aftercare - One of our aftercare team will be in touch to make sure you’re happy with the finished result. If you have chosen to pay by finance then you’ll be asked to complete a satisfaction note, so the funs can be released to us.
From Quote to Completion
Since Mr Atkinson had decided to use us, the next step was to choose the exact style and colour. Once these had been agreed, we once again remeasured the property to ensure that an accurate measurement had been taken. This allows us to give an exact cost based on size, style and colour chosen.
The next step was to arrange payment and the customer was interested in exploring our finance options, as buy now pay later was much more appealing to him. Mr Atkinson had some questions to answer before applying, which we were more than happy to answer for him; we then presented the range of finance options available.
Mr Atkinson decided to progress forward with buy now pay later and we ensure the necessary paperwork was completed to get the ball rolling. The finance was accepted which meant we could then start taking the next step. Once we have received payment, we ordered the products and arranged a suitable time and date to begin the installation process.
During the installation, we ensured that as little disruption as possible was created and tidy up any mess we caused as we went along. Overall the installation process ran smoothly and took a day to complete. A total of seven classic white UPVC windows were installed at Mr Atkinson’s Catterick based property.
We ensured the customer was satisfied with the finished result and answered any further questions he had. We check all windows upon completion to ensure they are fitted correctly and all parts are functioning properly. After a few days, one of our team dropped by to ensure they were still happy and to request a testimonial from the client.
Why Choose Swish Home Improvements?
Over the years we have carried out many glazing upgrades for all types of properties. We have earned ourselves a respected reputation in the local area, which is reflected in our reviews. Having listened to our customer’s feedback, we believe some of the reasons you should choose us are:
- A wealth of industry experience
- All installation are carried out in a professional manner
- A number of replacement options to choose from
- FREE quotes on all work
- We work in and around Catterick
"I've had a few products off swish including fascia boards, windows and doors and a patio. Each time swish installed there was nothing too challenging for any of the team from the advisor coming to the after care call everything went smoothly and would not trust any other company to install any future home improvements. Thanks again"
Upgrade Your Old Windows Today
All windows will need replacing at some point, whether it’s simply from a visual perspective or because your current ones are no longer fit for purpose. At Swish Home Improvements, we can work with you to discuss your requirements, the options available and the budget you’re looking to spend. No matter what type of windows you currently have, we have you covered when it comes to upgrading them. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. One of our team is always on hand to assist.